Features of the FreeStyle Libre 14 Day Sensor
- Small size and comfortable to wear. About the size of two stacked US quarters, the glucose monitoring sensor may be scanned through clothing.
- Painless application. A very thin filament sits just under the skin to measure interstitial fluid.
- Accurate sensor readings. No fingerstick calibrations required, and the system has no interference with medications containing acetaminophen.
- Water resistant. Stays on the body for up to 14 days, and can be worn while swimming, showering, or exercising.
- Continuous monitoring. Measure your glucose every minute, and stores readings every 15 minutes.
FreeStyle Libre 14 Day Sensor Kit Includes:
- Sensor applicator
- (2) Alcohol wipes
- Product information card
- Reader not included
How to apply the FreeStyle Libre 14 Day Sensor
1. Choosing the site.
- Select an area on the back of your upper arm, avoiding areas with moles, scarring, or recent insulin injections.
- Select a different site than the one most recently used
2. Preparing your skin. Preparing your skin is an important step toward ensuring adhesion. The FreeStyle Libre 14 Day Sensor adhesion guide (download below) suggests solutions to help overcome common skin surface conditions.
3. Applying the FreeStyle Libre sensor. The sensor pack and sensor applicator are included together in the FreeStyle 14 Day Sensor Kit.
- A. Open the sensor pack by peeling off the lid completely. Unscrew the cap from the sensor applicator and set the cap aside.
- B. Line up the dark mark on the sensor applicator with the dark mark on the sensor pack. On a hard surface press down firmly on the sensor applicator until it comes to a stop.
- C. Place the sensor applicator over the prepared site and push down firmly until the sensor is in place.
- D. Make sure the sensor is secure after application. Put the cap back on the sensor applicator. Discard the used sensor pack and sensor applicator per local regulations.